Friday, December 28, 2012

My 2012 Favorites

Can you believe we're closing in on the end of another year?  With our out of town family functions and all the last minute preparations for hosting Christmas, this past week has been a total blur.  Now I'm out of town again and will be spending the next few days visiting with my mom and doing some after Christmas treasure hunting.

I wanted to re-share some of my most popular and favorite posts of 2012 (in no particular order).  Just click on the title to bring you to the original post.  Hope you enjoy them the second time around:-)

A collection of my favorite door knobs.

Necklaces made from wooden thread spools, sheet music, beads, and charms.

Vintage Hardware Necklaces
Necklaces made from old hardware and other trinkets.

Fun with Watch Parts, Keys, and Rhinestones
Earrings and necklaces created from vintage watch faces, keys, hardware, and rhinestones.

Morning Junking Finds
Oh yeah, it was a good day.

Little pumpkins decorated with bits and pieces of vintage trinkets.
~ most comments ~

Revived Yard Sale Finds
A tutorial on stamping silver plate forks and spoons.
~ most page views ~

Lamps...They're not just for Lighting Anymore
Necklace display made from a salvaged lamp.

Baseball Flowers
A magazine copy cat project.

New Labels for Old Buckets
A quick and easy way to add vintage looking labels from The Graphics Fairy to old galvanized buckets.

Little Finds and Quick Projects
Vintage finds including repurposed salt & pepper shakers.

A comparison of The Designer, August 1911 magazine with InStyle, August 2012
~ my personal favorite post of 2012 ~

I'm linking my 2012 favorites with:
Southern Hospitality for Top Projects of 2012
Craftberry Bush for Happy Hour Party
Funky Junk Interiors for Saturday Nite Special
Someday Crafts for Categorically Crafting
Sew-Licious for Show-Licious Craft Showcase

Pin It

29 comments:

Karen Mary Butterfly said...

So many wonderful posts. It's fun to revisit the year like this! You have a fantastic blog and really looking forward to 2013! Happy New Year!
Karen

Rosemary@villabarnes said...

You know I love all of your creative posts. May your creativity continue to flow in the New Year.

Kelly_Deal said...

Oh wow! I'm going to go back and look at every lovely post!

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Always fun to review the year! I always get so much inspiration from your blog!
Here's to a wonderful 2013~

hugs, Linda

Ruth said...

So many amazing treasures and projects. I love the baseball flowers & galvanized buckets.
Ruth

Miss Kitty-Kelly Thomas said...

Oh I love and remember them all Betsy...Your creativity is beyond the WOW factor! Looking forward to another year of wonderful finds and repurposing...Besty style!
Happy 2013!
Friends...
Loretta

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Enjoyed seeing them again - Thanks. Looking forward to seeing your future creations in the new year. My creativity left for parts unknown this last year. :/
Have a great weekend.

Anne said...

I enjoyed viewing these again Betsy! I can't believe how fast the year went by! I look forward to seeing what you share in the next year!Best wishes to you and your family in the coming year!
xx
Anne

Kathy said...

How fun to take a little walk down memory lane. I appreciate the reminder because there are a couple posts I had intended to return to and then the time flies away.
Enjoy your junking time with your Mom. I'm looking forward to seeing the treasures!

Susan said...

Betsy, you had a beautiful creative year!! Every thing was just absolutely lovely. I am going to try to copy cat your thread spool necklaces. Lord only knows I have a millions spools.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I see some of my favorite things and your jewelry is at the top of the list! Love the pumpkins and the salt shakers, too! You've had a creative year! Holiday hugs!

Marsha @ Tattered Chick said...

Here's to 2013! I posted yesterday was it or Wednesday that we did our last road trip of 2012, NOT, we did another one today!! Found Sweet Green Pea in Escalon! See you tomorrow!!!

xoxo

Pam said...

Thanks for sharing all your wonderful projects throughout the year. As I look back, I think my favorites are those pumpkins.

Happy New Year.

Linda @ Itsy Bits And Pieces said...

Your posts are full of the most wonderful eye candy...I always enjoy my visits! Thanks so much for stopping by, Betsy...have a Happy New Year!

The Polka Dot Closet said...

I think I must be your most devoted follower, I saw them all except the salt shakers....Love it. Happy New Years to you!!!!

Carol

Diane Writes said...

Yay! I love everything I see Betsy. I can't even pick a favorite. Wishing you more crafts in 2013 and hopefully that magazine and TV feature for you.

must love junk said...

Betsy, what a great selection of your 'projects'! I love them all, but the spool necklaces are really fantastic! Have a wonderful New Year :)
Susan

Lauren @ My Wonderfully Made said...

I never get tired of looking at your jewelry creations but I missed the little shoes and the baseball flowers so pinning those as well!

Connie Mercer said...

my favorites too!! Happy New Year Betsy!!!

Beth said...

I remember seeing the spool and watch face jewelry before. Still love them!

ngnrdgrl said...

Love the lamp shade turned necklace stand! I'm pinning it. Found you through Satruday Night Special. :)

Christina at I Gotta Create! said...

You had some amazing projects this year, several of which I remember/recognize. I'm gonna go check out those spools to pin!

<3 Christina at I Gotta Create!
Wildly Original link party is open.

Barbara Jean said...

so fun!!

Thanks for all you have shared this past year.

bunches of blessings
barb

Bohemian said...

So much Creativity in 2012, I can hardly wait to see what you Create and Discover in 2013?!

Happy New Year from the Arizona Desert... Dawn... The Bohemian

~ Liz ~ said...

It's fun to see so many of the sweet things you've made all in one place. You have certainly been an inspiration this year! I hope 2013 is good to you and your family, Betsy!
Liz

Steph @ Crafting in the Rain said...

What great stuff-- I love all the jewlery!

thistlewoodfarm said...

What an amazing group of projects! Love them all....but I think my favorite are those necklaces!

Have a wonderfully blessed New Year!

blessings,
karianne

Marti Cooper said...

Betsy,
Your ideas are so creative! I would love for you to share them at SHOW-licious Craft Showcase! :)

http://sew-licious.blogspot.com/2012/12/show-licious-craft-showcase-14.html

Happy New Year,
Marti

Laurie said...

Betsy, your blog is the best! I'm so glad you blog! Thanks for all the fun in 2012!