Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Rusty Hooks and an Old Wheel

What do you get when you cross an old wooden wheel with a couple of rusty and chippy hooks?


A picture holder of course!
This was an idea that came to me when I was putting together another project.  I wasn't sure what to use as the base, but a look through my miscellaneous junk stash turned up this old wheel.  A coat of paint and a little distressing was all it needed.

I sprayed the hooks with two coats of matte acrylic sealer, then drilled two small holes in the wheel.  No need to fill in the larger hole because it doesn't show.

Double duty as a plate holder.

I'm joining the party at:
Knick of Time for Knick of Time Tuesday
My Repurposed Life for Catch as Catch Can
The Vintage Farmhouse for Creative Things Thursday
The Shabby Creek Cottage for Transformation Thursday
The Answer is Chocolate for BFF Open House Party






Pin It

20 comments:

  1. I just love your creative rescues!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab! I just love those hooks. I bought several last trip to the flea!!!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your mind must be going 90 miles a min. coming up with all the creative ideas. :D
    Mine has shut down.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this, especially as a plate holder!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How clever! That plate is sooo pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Betsy,
    Of course!!!So cleaver.
    (((Hugs)))
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is an amazing idea!!!!! I love it!!! You are a crafting Einstein!!!! Seriously, how you think of all the amazing things you do is wayyyy beyond me!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are so clever, Betsy!! This is so smart!

    Thanks for the welcome back! I hope to see you at Potpourri Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are so clever. I have a lot of those hooks and never looked at them for anything but hooks. Great idea.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Audrey Z @ Timeless Treasures.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love how this looks, Betsy! Great way to use old hooks!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your plate holder and also the plate in it....it's so pretty. Thanks for sharing your creativity.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You always think "outside the box." Love this idea!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I really like this! I'm confused by the hooks though - how would they have attached to a wall with their screws going down they way they do?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ahhhh...so clever!! Found you over at Gail's MRL.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I will never look at old hooks the same way again. LOVE this idea! Thanks for sharing at this week's BFF Open House.

    ReplyDelete
  16. very unique and clever easel you made with those old hooks!
    gail

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting My Salvaged Treasures. Your comments inspire me.