Monday, April 30, 2012

My Weekend Haul

I took a last minute trip up to my mom's this past weekend to visit with some friends who were visiting the area.  Of course I had to check Craigslist Thursday night just in case there was something that caught my eye.  I found a few things at a parking lot sale on Saturday morning, but one estate sale on Friday caught my eye and two hours of my time.  These things take time.....

Camera love!
Oops, I cut off the top of the rusty old canister.  I printed out a fun label from The Graphics Fairy and attached it with a little Mod Podge.

These Kodak Tourist cameras were made from 1948-1951.  This one will be sharing a spot next to another one in my very small collection.

Brownie Hawkeye and Brownie Junior.  I remember the Hawkeye.

Vintage girly goodies.

I don't know if the two of these milk glass beauties were part of a larger set, but I sure was attracted to them.  I liked the subtle colors in the little painting.

I love these cut steel shoe clips marked L.W. Paris.  I was shocked when I got home and noticed that the plain looking gold chain on the left is marked 14K; it makes up for the ring that's marked China.

This pretty brass box covered with black velvet is actually a purse.

I'll never pass up a shell collection.  How about these and another shoe box full for $5.

Is there such a thing as a "rose shell?"

I'm hoping to get pictures of the rest of my finds this week.  Lots of cleaning and grime removal to tackle first.  I have another big antique show on Sunday, so it's going to be a busy week:-)



Pin It

I'm partying with:
Coastal Charm for Nifty Thrifty Tuesday
Knick of Time for Knick of Time Tuesday
Very Merry Vintage Style for Share the Love Wednesday
Brambleberry Cottage for Time Travel Thursday
Colorado Lady for Vintage Thingie Thursday
Rooted in Thyme for Simple and Sweet

34 comments:

Rosemary@villabarnes said...

Nice haul, Betsy. Love the cameras. The have such a cool look.

Marsha @ Tattered Chick said...

You always find the greatest treasures!! Are you doing Lodi Sunday?!?!?!

I'm one tired gal. Don't know how you do ALL these shows!!!!!

xoxo

Glenda/MidSouth said...

You did find a nice stash! You know my favorite. :-D 14K - Wow!
I do remember the old cameras. Mother had one of the old box cameras. Wonder what ever happened to it?
Enjoy your evening.

DearHelenHartman said...

Wonderful treasures! Love the style of those old cameras and a 14K find is one of the funnest things about junk hunting.

Linda @ A La Carte said...

I have about decided that Estate Sales are the best for vintage goodies like you found. Great scores! LOVE the camera's!!

Jaclyn T said...

I am loving this haul! I think the velvet purse is my fave.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Every time I see you with sea shells...I get GREEN with envy! WOW! Those are amazing! I love the cameras of course and those shoe clips are neat, too! Great finds! I'm having a giveaway...stop by when you can!

Faye ~ Wild Rose Vintage ~ Cabin Creek said...

Nice treasures! That's what I did for the last 2 weekends...glad to see someone else is out there bringing home stuff besides me...I think I'm running out of room!
Have a great week!
Faye

Roxanne Reinhart said...

Looks like a productive weekend and you got to visit mom. Win- win

Imageremix said...

Oooh, the cameras are fantastic as well as all the rest. I too am attracted to shell collections! Thanks for sharing your haul. It's fun to see what others find. I came here by way of Nifty Thrifty Tuesday at Cottage Charm. Hope you'll stop by and visit my site sometime too!
Liz

Lauren @ My Wonderfully Made said...

Dying over those purses -- especially that metal one that looks like a box!! I can't believe the beautiful things you scored -- the cameras are in such great condition too!

Charm Bracelet Diva said...

You did great! I especially love the bling (no surprise there)!

The Polka Dot Closet said...

wow, I can see why it took 2 hours of your time, I love the Brownie cameras, I have not been to a good estate sale for a LONG time!

Carol

Jennifer @ Town and Country Living said...

You got some great finds. Love the milk glass beauties!

Karen Bates said...

Such sweet finds..I remember the Brownie Jr....am I dating myself? Ha. I want to shop your house!

Lynn@ The Vintage Nest said...

wow.....you got some great stuff!!! My last two weekends have been a bust and the only couple of things I have bought were a scooter and a jewelry making kit for the grand-girls when they visit in July. But but but maybe this Saturday will be the day. Love your cameras. I used to have a brownie. LOL.... I like to use old purses (with a jar inside) as a flower vase. Have a super great week.

Stephanie said...

I had a Brownie Jr. at one time. Wish I still had it. I love old cameras and now have a collection of two. Still looking for more. You find the greatest stuff on your shopping adventures,

Kathy said...

Great finds - especially those cameras. I rarely see one and then went to the Plucky Maidens Junk Fest last Saturday and they were all over the place. You nailed the hot new topic!

Jody and Stan said...

Just found your post on Very Merry Vintage Style party. Love your blog. What a wonderful day finding those treasures. Would love for you to share on Simple & Sweet Fridays. Great Finds! New Follower.

Jody

Anne said...

Betsy,
Great finds.Especially those cameras.
Anne

Helen and her Daughters said...

Love your girly finds, the cut steel shoe clips are stunning!

Cottage and Broome said...

Love the old cameras, what a great find! Really like the shoe clips too, why did we stop using those? Thanks for sharing, Laura

GadgetSponge.com said...

Totally loving the cameras. They all have a charm of their own.

Pam said...

There's more? I love that bowl of shells. May have to borrow that idea to display some of mine. And of course, the cameras are awesome!

SwedishCorner-DownUnder...Pernilla said...

Love the cameras!
Greetings from Australia♥
~Pernilla

A Few Pennies said...

Awesome finds--I'm loving those old cameras--won't those look great on bookshelves!

Annmarie Pipa said...

treasures!!! lucky you!!

c. Joy said...

Cute little lamp - WOW! I thought I was the only crazy out there who always grabs the shells. They are wonderful.

Cheryl in Wisconsin said...

You have an awesome eye and a delightful sense of style. I was just reading about that estate sale where you got all that wonderful tarnished silver also. Talk about the motherlode!

Karena said...

Betsy I love your finds, and how great to surprise to get a necklace that is so valuable!

This is the Last day to enter my Giveaway from Castles Crowns and Cottages!

Xoxo
Karena

Art by Karena

Diane Writes said...

Those vintage cameras are sure jackpot Betsy. I wish to have at least one and treasure it forever.

Imageremix said...

I already commented on this once, but I found an old polaroid today complete with leather case, flash and a new box of film. So exciting. Got it for $10. Now I just hope it works! Saw your cameras again on the link party and of course cameras are now fresh on my mind again. Good work!

Michelle said...

Wow, you found some marvelous treasures. I don't know anything about old cameras, but love the look of them. And that brass purse is fantastic!

Jody and Stan said...

Thanks so much for sharing all your wonderful treasures on Simple & Sweet Fridays!


Jody