Monday, April 23, 2012

Mes Amis Spring Antique Show

It was a gorgeous day in Roseville for the Mes Amis Spring Antique Show.  It was close to 90 degrees in the afternoon, so most of the shoppers were out bright and early on Saturday morning.   I did manage to get in a quick look up and down the street before all the shoppers arrived....

You can see just how large the spaces are, and that large tree right above me sure made the heat of the day easier to deal with.   I've definitely become an expert packer over the years.  Everything here, including the tables, canopy, and inventory has to fit in the back of my pickup truck...with the top on.  

All three of my girls insisted on riding shotgun.  I buckled them in and insisted they cover up before we left home.  They're not the least bit shy, but they'd be a dangerous distraction for any driver doing a double take.

I used an antique iron crib rail, Bingo cards, and drapery clips for this funky sign.  So easy; the the back side of the Bingo cards are ready made chalkboards.  The lady who bought it is going to write "welcome" on the cards and display it in front of her shop.

I finally did something with this vintage table I've had for ages.  I didn't take pictures along the way because I never thought it would turn out right.  It took forever to cut out the numbers, get the spacing right, trace them on, fill them in with a paint pen, etc.  The first coat of wax caused the numbers to smear and that's when I almost gave up on it, but two days before the show it finally came together.
Thank you for the inspiration Gail (My Repurposed Life)

I still love this old metal seed bin.  I bought it several months ago with the intent of hanging it in my studio.  It was too long for the space and I couldn't bring myself to cut it, so I decided to pass it along to someone else.  I cut the numbers out of the heavy duty vinyl on my Silhouette and stuck them on instead of painting them on.  

This lovely lady stood right in the center of Maison's booth.  Isn't she pretty in her party dress?  
Tattered Treasures had some beautiful vintage pieces.

The Vintage Bricoleur from Loomis.

Debbie Neverkovec's repurposed windows and bags.

One of Sandy's girls surrounded by a vintage frame. 

Lipstick Gypsy from Idaho.  Can you see their adorable vintage trailer in the back?

I love her beautiful pink tissue paper and sewing pattern blooms.

Looking forward to the next Mes Amis Antique Show in September.



Pin It







27 comments:

Sherry@Back2Vintage said...

I could do without the 90 degree temps, but it looks like the show was worth the heat. I love your clock table...great job!!! I had to laugh at the sight of your "ladies" riding shotgun...I bet you WOULD get some funny looks!!! :))

Goldie said...

As always Betsy you did a great job! Thanks for documenting the show, i wish there was stuff like that here in DFW>

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

Betsy,
Your booth looked outstanding...love the crib sign...just too CUTE!!!

Blessings,
Linda

DearHelenHartman said...

Your booth looked like a confection. Yummy and tempting. Love your 'guest' in her party dress.

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Great job on the booth! You really did good on the table. You are an expert packer if you got all that in the pickup with the top on. Yes - I can see "the girls" drawing attention riding shotgun going down the highway, :-D

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Looks like a really good show. Love your booth and wish I could visit one of these shows someday! Love your 'girls' having to cover up....funny! hugs, Linda

Laurel@chippingwithcharm said...

Looks like a great show...hope you sold lots :) Laurel

Anne said...

Betsy,
Your booth looks great.They all do.I am sure you sold allot.You better get busy before the next show.Glad you had lovely weather too.
Anne

Charm Bracelet Diva said...

The clock table is fabulous, way to go! I would have given up on it! Also love the Bingo card display, genius. Hope it was a great show for you.

xoxo
Kathleen

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

What fun! I would be trying to get a photo if I saw those 3 girls riding shotgun, too! heehee

Marsha @ Tattered Chick said...

Geeze, I didn't even know you posted?!?!? Good thing I decided to hit "more" on my reader. I am NOT liking this blogger update . . .

It was a great show and as always it's so nice to see you and visit a bit!

I love my end table!!!!

xoxo

Faire Notions said...

This looks like a great show. All the booths are so wonderfully decorated. I'll have to put this on Faire Notions calendar and make a week end out of it. Lisa

Rosemary@villabarnes said...

Thanks for all the great photos, Betsy. Your booth looked fantastic.

The Polka Dot Closet said...

I'm doing my first show this weekend so I looked through your pictures 3 times to get ideas on set up!! Gorgeous! You did a great job and I can't believe you got that all in your truck!!

Carol

Into Vintage said...

How I envy your ability to make everything fit in your truck! And your clock table is truly a work of art. I don't know if I would be able to part with it.

Thanks so much for all the inspiring looks at the booths there that day - love to see those. Hope you sold a ton. :-)

Terry said...

This was so fun to look at. I would have loved to have been there.

chateau chic said...

Looks like a fabulous show! Wish I could have been there. Hope you did well.
Mary Alice

A Cottage Muse said...

Looks like a wonderful show...great displays! Thank you for sharing!

very merry vintage style said...

Thanks for the tour of the show! Looks like there were some great vendors here. Love your display! Thanks for linking up to Share the Love Wednesday
Mary

Stella said...

What a great idea the bingo cards and crib. Good going. Love the clock table even if it dealt you fits it was well worth the wait.

imsteelefullofscrap said...

Wow I have never been to anything like this I would be just in lala land if I ever did everything looks just beautiful

ImSoVintage said...

Wow, I love all your treasures. Glad to hear you had some shade :)

Stephanie said...

Your booth looks like shopper's heaven. I wish I could be there.

Diane Writes said...

Wow! I really wished I was there to personally see and touch those beautiful pieces.

Mary Palumbo Collings said...

Looks like it was a great show... Thanks for your comments and stopping by.
Ciao,
Mary

Laurie said...

Drooling!

That Girl Ang said...

All amazing....and that table?! I'm so glad you didn't give up.