Monday, March 12, 2012

Out Junking While the Sun Shines

It was a gorgeous weekend here in Northern California with temperatures hovering around 70 degrees, but all that's about to change with rain coming in for most of the week.  People are taking advantage of the spring like weather and yard sales are starting to pop up all over. Even though I had a full weekend planned, I did manage to squeeze in a couple of hours on Friday morning for a few sales that looked promising.

I have a weak spot for typewriters.  I usually only buy the much older models, but this one was such a sweet deal and it works!  (except for the 1/4 1/2 key that sticks)

This 1960s mustard yellow Brother portable typewriter came complete with the snap on carrying case.  I'd rather call it sunshine yellow.

  I bought a bag full of those milk glass spice jars and added some sticky chalkboard vinyl; I thought I could write names on them for place settings. The chair came from a sale last weekend and needs just a little glue to tighten it up.

This pile is going to keep me busy.  I already bent one of the shoe clips into shape for a bracelet, and two of those colorful double sided drops are now earrings.  

Half a pound of jewels...not a bad haul.  Too bad they're not solid gold:-)

Pin It





24 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see your new project Betsy! Have a great week ahead

    ReplyDelete
  2. We were channeling our typewriter angels this weekend! We both found some great ones!!! I love that red/white scale AND the red/white chair! You did GOOD!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great finds! I have never seen a sunny yellow typewriter before...makes me smile!
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful! Typewriters and scales, wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice haul! Looks like you did better than I did in the bling department. Think that is the first yellow typewriter I have seen.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great treasures.I love hunting and figuring out what to do with all of it.Love that scale.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice finds! Love to see the jewelry you make out of those 'treasures' you found! Hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nothing like a half-pound pile 'o bling to add a little sparkle to the day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lucky you!! We're having a little warm spell here in MN...but still no yard sales yet. Can't wait :) Laurel

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have a yellow typewriter also. Looks much like yours but mine doesn't have a ribbon. The granddaughters like to play with it. I have it in my retro guestroom/playroom.

    Love the bling. I'm sure you will design some lovely pieces with those.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, boy, I can see you will be having fun with that haul! Good job.

    ReplyDelete
  12. funny what we look at ~ I never look at jewelry but I love what others do with it~I look for primative stuff~nice days work girl!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Score!! I did too, some vintage doll buggy wheels!!!! I'm hooked on the flea under the bridge!!! I even brought home a couple of hinges . . . and guess what I made?!?! (The ones I had weren't the right ones, I'll use for those something else)

    Ohhhh, flea season is fastly approaching!! I'm going to Rust and Roses, yippee, skippee!!!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love all of your finds! Those purses are beautiful! I have a weakness for vintage purses :) Great jewelry haul also!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great chair and scale.
    still waiting for sales to start here. =)

    blessings
    barbara jean

    ReplyDelete
  16. That typewriter is fabulous. Bet those earrings will be too!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I never knew those were show clips. Learn something new every day. That typewriter is amazing. I have never seen a yellow one before.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Betsy,
    you found some great stuff! Cool typewriter, and that little chair, very cute! Can't wait till yard sales start here!
    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  19. Garage sales are popping around here too! Yahoo! That's a cute idea with the milk glass spice jars -- love the front purse too!
    Thanks for stopping by! Hope you'll visit again!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow!! You really did UHaul It!!! Love the pound of jewelry and all the promise it holds for fun time in repurposing...cool shoe clip to bracelet idea.

    Today I'm sharing a special post about the 1940 US Census Community Project. I hope you will stop by CollectInTexas Gal and see how this information might be helpful to you...especially if you are interested in your Family's Genealogy...Sue

    ReplyDelete
  21. I have used the older models of typewriters, but I like the modern way better.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I really like the red chair and the scales with the red top...would look great in my kitchen!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I think the scale is my favorite part!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting My Salvaged Treasures. Your comments inspire me.