Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Rail Trip

I'm packing up my train case and rolling down up the tracks on Wednesday night for a little getaway.  My good friend Pam came up with the idea of a train trip to the Seattle area.....in January.  The last time I was in the area they were having a heat wave; don't think that will be the case this time.  The weather forecast isn't looking so good for the week, but I'm always up for an adventure.  I pulled my rain gear out of hibernation and packed my clothes in extra large suitcases just so I'll have plenty of room for all the treasures I hope to find.  I won't be completely "unplugged" for the week, but will certainly go through blogging withdrawals.

Do you think the train will make any junking stops?

A 24 hour trip calls for some extra room to spread out, so we decided to splurge on a sleeper cabin.  

We'll take the ferry to Victoria for a few days.


After a week of shopping, eating, relaxing, visiting with family, more shopping and more eating, we'll be travelling back home the same way we rolled in.  I sure hope we're still speaking to each other.

20 comments:

  1. Oh, you'll love the sleeping wagon, I think. I did that once in Germany and it was so wonderful to be lulled to sleep by the train's movement! I'm jealous -- I love train travel! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I think a train trip sounds like so much fun!! Enjoy and take lots of pictures and good luck with lots of fun finds!!! hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a treat...Hope you have a wonderful trip together! Pictures, pictures and more pictures...I don't have to say treasures because I know you will have them! Be Safe! Enjoy your time! Hugs, Loretta

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have a wonderful time, Betsy!!!! See you when you get back!!!!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have a great time - sounds like a wonderful adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have a wonderful and safe trip!! Looking forward to hearing all about it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That sounds like an amazing adventure! Take lots of photos and HAVE FUN! ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wonderful trip you have planned. Enjoy. HOpe you find many treasures.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like a wonderful trip. I miss living in Seattle. Safe travel.s

    Holly

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like a great adventure. Looking forward to the follow up.
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  11. Have fun, B - and be sure to come up with a backup plan for stuff to do when you get there...the storm of the century is on its way. You might need to stay in a warm hotel and do some crafting.

    ReplyDelete
  12. How Neat! You didnt tell me it was a train trip! That is pretty neat!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You will have a total blast....bring your snow boots! lol You are going to love junkin in Seattle. Victoria is just beautiful and you will get some fab photos there! Have a ton of fun...I know you will.
    My friend and I have been thinking of a train trip for sometime....

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hubby and I have talked about taking a train trip...can't wait to hear how you liked yours!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. A train trip sound like such good, old-fashioned fun! Enjoy your trip and I hope you'll share pictures.

    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi, my name is Heather! Please email me when you can, I have a question about your blog!

    HeatherVonSJ[at]gmail[dot]com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Enjoy your trip and don't forget to blog about it :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Once when I was in high school, my family and I took a cruise ship down from Ketchikan, Alaska to Vancouver. That is one beautiful area of the world. Have fun, take lots of pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm soooo jealous! What fun, how I would love to just pull away from the tracks and watch life race by outside the window of the train! What a 'romantic' way of seeing the journey to your destination. Have a glorious time, find lots of treasures, make lots of memories and share it all when you return! Your blog completely inspires us all! Safe travels.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I cannot believe that while you were suggesting a "bowling alley, lap pool, spa, or gym car" you didn't suggest stops at junkin' spots! lol Hey, wouldn't that be a hoot!

    Blessings,
    Liz @ The Brambleberry Cottage

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting My Salvaged Treasures. Your comments inspire me.