Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Jewelry from Bits and Pieces of Little Treasures

I've been on a jewelry making marathon all week long trying to gear up for another craft show this weekend.  This will be three weekends in a row now, so I'm real close to making jewelry in my sleep.  These are a few of the pieces I've been playing with this week.....

I found two of these ornate brass doorknob escutcheons along with the matching key plates on Etsy.  I added a watch face with a little rhinestone to the center hole, and then surrounded it with rhinestones from an old bracelet.  

What's that funny looking piece the clip-on earring (top necklace) is attached to?

That metal thingie with the bead hanging from it is a garter clip. They make a mean bracelet too!

What pulley would be complete without rhinestones?

My typewriter key stash is getting a little low, so why not make good use out of the other parts.  These were made from the metal margin/platen scale.  I cut one inch pieces using heavy duty metal snips and then rounded out the sharp edges with my Dremel grinding bit.

Locks and watch parts are always a good combination.  The one on the left still has its working key attached.  You just never know when you'll need to lock something up.

Here's one of the matching key plates. I kind of like it sideways.

I'm linking up my repurposed jewelry with:







Funky Junk's Saturday Nite Special

36 comments:

Dragonfly Treasure said...

Simply gorgeous! Love the ornateness of the last key plate. Wishing you many sales this weekend!!
I'm sure you will sell out, your jewelry is so gorgeous
*hugs*deb

The Vintage Farmhouse said...

love the earrings

Jenny @ Simcoe Street said...

So creative! Very pretty

Jenny
www.simcoestreet.blogspot.com

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Oh yes - I remember the days before panty hose and garters. :D
Hope you sell it all !
Have a great weekend.

Sherry@Back2Vintage said...

Betsy, they are all beautiful! I especially like the key plate turned sideways! Good luck with your shows!!!

AshTreeCottage said...

Fabulous! You are so talented!!

Hugs,
Susan and Bentley

Sandi Keene said...

Absolutely gorgeous!

Kelly_Deal said...

What beautiful pieces of jewelry!

Vintage Gal said...

What fabulous pieces ~ Wow ~ Hope you have fun at the show ;-)

Michelle L. said...

As usual, Betsy, your jewels make me crazy! They are just delicious - I LOVE the garter belt clip, and I loveloveloveloveloveLOVE the cool black earrings!

Josie said...

The earrings are so cute! Will you be selling them on your etsy shop?

Pam said...

I continue to be amazed at the beautiful jewelry you craft from repurposed items. Just lovely.

kpaints said...

I just love it when you get in the mood....to make jewelry!! Wonderful collection as usual!

Tammy at Tammy Loves Dishes said...

I love your creations. Gorgeous!

Jo said...

What unique ideas Thanks for sharing

Charm Bracelet Diva said...

Garter clips! Whatever will you think of next?! All beautiful, as usual. Good luck with the show!

xoxo
Kathleen

Irma@CosasBellas said...

Lovely, lovely, lovely, Miss Betsy!

Have a great show,
Irma

lambs and ivy designs said...

I love each one of these beautiful creations!!! I am sure they will all sell well. My favorite is the first one..just beautiful!

Marsha @ Tattered Chick said...

Gorgeous work, Betsy, as always :)

xxoo
Marsha

Amie {Kitty Cats and Airplanes} said...

So pretty! I wish I could come to your craft shows!

Lisa said...

Everything is so pretty! Don't know how you do it all, and keep coming up with such creative pieces! Good luck with the show!

Christina at I Gotta Create! said...

Beautiful!!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I love Steampunk jewelry...and everything you make! Enjoy your week! Happy Thanksgiving! ♥

Linda said...

I just love your style, Betsy...I love everything you create! The sampler in your last post is a real treasure, too! Good luck on your sales!

Sanghamitra Bhattacherjee(Mukherjee) said...

Gorgeous! Piece of art! Thanks for sharing.
Hope to see you on my blog:)

xinex said...

I love your jewelry, just adorable!...Christine

Debbiedoo's blogging and blabbing said...

Those are very cute pieces Betsy. I love how unique they are too. Thanks for sharing.

Okio B Designs said...

Betsy your jewelry is amazing! I have never seen anything like it!

Jeanine

Karena said...

Betsy I adore your jewelry. it is so unique and creative!

Thank you so, so much for your get well wishes. I am getting better every day!

Love and Hugs,

Karena
Art by Karena

Chelsea said...

Found you on the Knick of Time link party, what beautiful jewelry!

Janet said...

I love these. You have such a wonderful eye for what looks lovely together!

Barbara Jean said...

Girl, just so love your jewelry!!

Thanksgiving blessings
barb

mo said...

Hi Betsy,

What a year huh?

So fast...

As always, you are a wiz at creating the "salvaged treasures".

I wish many blessings upon you and yours this Thanksgiving.

*hugs*

mo

pamq said...

Now I know I have some of those garter clips around.....

Somewhere.....

hmmm......

Oh, these are all just wonderful!

I really like the first one---great use of some great stuff!

And I hope you get some jewelry making-free sleep after this!!!

Laurie said...

A good "combination" - LOL! I always love your jewelry!

Audrey said...

So nice to see someone making beautiful things out of salvage items. I love to do that too, but do not make jewelry.You do a beautiful job of it. Good luck on your sales.
Audrey Z. @ Timeless Treasured