Sunday, November 20, 2011

Give Thanks

I have so many things to be thankful for this Thanksgiving.  It's so easy for me to get caught up in my every day routine by busying myself with things that need to get done, and then wondering why I didn't get through my written or mental list at the end of the day.   Two steps forward and one step back.  That's fine with me, at least it's progress.

Tomorrow our home will start to fill up with friends and relatives.  Some will be spending the night, and some will be travelling back home after a full day of food and fun.  I won't get through everything on my "to do" list,  someone will be making a last minute trip to the grocery store, something is sure to get over cooked, and during dinner I'll be the only one to notice a stray spider web on the dining room ceiling.  I know that nothing will ever be perfect, so I promise to be good and not sweat the small stuff.  I'm just going to enjoy the day and give thanks.....lots of thanks!

Hope you enjoy the Give Thanks inspiration I found on Pinterest this week.  I hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving.

9 comments:

  1. Morning Betsy, all these things do/will happen...but this is what make a successful celebration...
    No one will know...only the cook and hostess! Hope your celebration a Happy One!
    All The Best To You! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. We the hostess/cooks could probably compile quiet a list if we compared notes of what got forgotten/changed at the last min., etc. :-D
    Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the 'keep calm' message...I will need it..these holidays always seem to stress me. I needed this. Have a wonderful time with your family!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We do have so much to be thankful for, don't we?

    Your spiderweb comment made me chuckle. It brought back a memory. One Christmas, after everyone left, I saw a dead roach lying on his back right beside the chair my step mother was sitting in. She's not the sweet, laugh it off type person, either. I can only hope her then 88 year old eyes didn't notice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Thankgiving, Betsy! Have a perfectly imperfect day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Thanksgiving, Betsy!! The most important part is you are sharing it with family and friends, what could be more perfect!!

    Now, if I were going to be there, you would need LOTS more mashed potatoes, LOL

    xxoo
    Marsha

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Thanksgiving to you, too!

    I will be dining with my Mom at her facility, so neither one of us has to cook.

    Or clean up.

    Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Betsy, we don't really celebrate thanksgiving in my country. But I am always one with all my US blog friends with this celebration. Wishing you a fun filled day and family reunion.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting My Salvaged Treasures. Your comments inspire me.