Wednesday, August 17, 2011

A "HOT" Transformation

I recently found a treasure trove of goodies at a remodeling yard sale over in Berkeley and posted about them here.  Parts of rusty metal thingies, small wooden architectural pieces, and some porcelain bathroom fixtures.  Oh my!  I've had so many ideas spinning around in my head, but this is the only one I've managed to transform so far.



I removed a gas valve that was attached to the hole in the top of the base.  I wonder what this was in a previous life.  The man at the yard sale found it in his basement and thought it was once part of a gas line or gas lamp.  There's no hole in the bottom of the base.  Any ideas?

I think it's right at home in the bathroom now.  My first idea was to use it as a paper towel holder, but the iron rod wasn't tall enough and would not come out.

I sprayed three coats of matte acrylic sealer on the inside and outside. 
Love all the detail.

All five knobs were slightly different and the HOT knob was the only one that was a perfect fit on the rod....it screws right on and off.
 They were meant to be together.

It would work great for holding spools of ribbon or thread, but with that HOT knob, I think it's right at home in the bathroom.

Check out these fabulous parties I'm linking up with:
My Repurposed Life for Catch as Catch Can,
Brambleberry Cottage for Time Travel Thursday,
Pink Postcard for Transformations and Treasures,
Very Merry Vintage Style for Share the Love Wednesday,
Vintage Farmhouse for Creative Things Thursday,
Shabby Creek Cottage for Transformation Thursday,
Common Ground for Vintage Inspiration Friday,
Between Naps on the Porch for Metamorphosis Monday.

24 comments:

The Polka Dot Closet said...

True to your name...Great Salvaged Treasures! A really cute conversation piece!

Carol

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

Now what an neat idea...I'm not sure what it was before, but love it now!

Blessings,
Linda

Linda @ A La Carte said...

That is just too darn cute! I love the 'hot' knob also!

Sassy Marsha said...

Love it! I have some hot and cold knobs from my sink in one of my condos from years ago. Someday the lightbulb will go off!

xxoo

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Don't know what it use to be, but you did a great job of recycling it into something useful. :D

Goldie said...

OMG I love what you did with those!

Jane said...

Fantastic repurpose...I LOVE it!!! And you are so right, it is perfect for the bathroom. Love, love, love it!!! (Can you tell I love it)
Jane

Michelle L. said...

G E N I U S. Cutest terlet paper roll ever, this is a brilliant upcycle!

Barbara Jean said...

cute and great idea!!

blessings
barb

Cheryl said...

Love it.....great way to repurpose!

Amie {Kitty Cats and Airplanes} said...

This is so cool! I love using old knobs, I just transformed some clearance Anthro knobs.

Charm Bracelet Diva said...

Betsy, what a fabulous Club G.W. find and re-do! You're right, the "Hot" handle really does make it perfect for the bathroom! You're so creative I can't stand it! :)

xoxo
Kathleen

Essay Writing said...

A great way to organized what you find & shares in your blog...

Diane Writes said...

Simple yet a very admirable output Betsy! I love it. :)

Tammy @ Type A said...

hey Lady! you won my Uprinting.com Give away!!!!! congrats.

http://typeadecorating.blogspot.com/2011/08/winner-uprintingcom-give-away.html

kpaints said...

That is just adorable...you really had your thinking cap on...and a perfect fit...I am so jealous...that never happens at this house! :)

Sue said...

Hey Betsy, this is absolutely so "cool!" LOL Love how you married the two things together this way. hugs, Sue

White Whimsy said...

So Cute!!!

Debra @ Common Ground said...

Oh, this is so much fun, great save!! thanks for linking up to VIF, xo Debra

Pam said...

Great repurposing idea. You always need a cute toilet paper holder.

Liz @ the Brambleberry Cottage said...

I think it's perfect! But then I like things that aren't run-of-the-mill. ;)

Thanks for linking your talent to the party each week, Betsy.

Hugs,
Liz @ the Brambleberry Cottage
http://thebrambleberrycottage.blogspot.com/

gail said...

I love how these two pieces came together!
"catching" you this week,
gail

Stephanie said...

This is great, such an awesome combo! It would fit perfectly in my bathroom, the exact style of my decor! Love it!

Gretchen said...

ha ha A perfect re purposing of two great elements. Well done! This should be showcased on JMS. Too cool...
Gretchen