Wednesday, July 27, 2011

A Package of Goodies

I love getting packages in the mail from my blogging friends.  This package arrived the other day from my friend Michelle from Mich L. in L.A.  I was the winner in one of her "Guess the Mystery Thing" contests.  

All kinds of mismatched jewelry findings, sequins, a piece of a plastic table runner, little fork thingies (I just might use for their intended purpose), chain, beads, and a couple of mystery items.  Could they be automotive parts? 

Michelle creates amazing jewelry from the most unconventional items.
Look at these fabulous earrings.  Do you know what those blue thingies are?
They looked familiar to me, so I guessed that they had something to do with doggie flea medication.  Turns out they're the applicator tips for her dog's flea control. 
You'll have to stop by her blog and play along for the next Guess the Mystery Thing contest. 

I couldn't resist creating a little something right away.  Everything is from the stash of goodies except for one headpin holding the beads together.  I think those automotive looking parts might be next.

10 comments:

  1. Congrats!! The right person won! Great necklace, Betsy!

    Marsha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! Great job on the necklace.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Only you could make something so amazing from such varied items!!!
    Great job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on winning!!
    Love the necklace your made!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Betsy! Congratulations! I think you are really the perfect person to win those goodies. You could turn everything to a beautiful piece of art work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your beautiful creation! BTW, those mysterious items are from Beyblade battle toys. I'm pretty sure you'll turn them into a Royal wedding jewel of some kind, you magician, you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are BOTH so talented! Your ability to see such neat looking jewelry hidden in miscellaneous things amazes me.

    Hugs,
    Liz @ the Brambleberry Cottage
    http://thebrambleberrycottage.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on winning she is so talented!!! Love your necklace you made

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting My Salvaged Treasures. Your comments inspire me.