Thursday, April 7, 2011

Barn Sale Tour

I've passed by this beauty many times over the years, but it's usually locked up and looking real lonely.  This is Sue's Country Barn located on East Highway 120 in Manteca, California.  I live in the next town over and feel like I've been living under a rock.  I had no idea what's been happening inside twice a year.  I found this barn sale online last week while planning my yard sale strategy for Friday.

Sue opens up her barn for two weeks every April and October.  Someone else has a sale here in November, but I didn't get the details on that one.  I'm on the mailing list now, so I'll get the scoop later.  Unfortunately, she doesn't have a website or a blog.


I love the way the sun was shining through the barn walls.  Look at all the silver welcoming you.  Yum!

OK, I'll keep quiet.


















I showed you these little bottles and carrier in my last post.  It's now six days later and the roses still look good.  I didn't spend much money because I had been at the yard sales for almost three hours before I arrived here.  When they opened at 10:00, I was hungry, just about out of money, and in desperate need of a caffeine fix.  No problem, I was still having fun!
I'm loving the graphics on these vintage sheet music covers; I'll probably end up framing them.

I picked out twelve old glass knobs, yards and yards of lace, and this sweet handwriting guide from 1935.

Now that I'm on their mailing list, I won't miss out on the open house the night before. I understand there was a huge crowd and merchandise was flying out the barn door.  If you live in the area, Sue's Country Barn will be open daily 10am-5pm through April 17.

I'm linking up my barn sale tour with:
Brambleberry Cottage for Time Travel Thursday and
Common Ground for Vintage Inspiration Friday

29 comments:

  1. So much eye candy. I love all those suitcase. Looks like a great place to spend the day. ~~Sherry~~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! good thing you found it! Thank you for sharing those pictures.
    XXX Ido

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I could just get lost in there for days!! Lucky you to have something like that in your area!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh thank u! I live n fresno and it would b fun to take the drive......for a REAL barn sale!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You were one lucky girl! Some great treasures you found. The sheet music would look awesome framed.
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Betsy,I could dive into these goodies and have a great time! I love the wire baskets and all that silver. Sad to say, I am tooo many miles away to get any of them! I'll just have to suffer! LOL Luv-Loretta

    ReplyDelete
  7. Betsy, when you go in October, I'd love to go with you!!!

    What awesome treasures!!!!!!! WOW!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lots of eye candy. That stash of bling looks interesting. :-D
    Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You should tell her you will be her official blogger and post before and during pics...I know all the bloggers in the area would love to attend and the rest of us want more pics!

    Wonderful sale, for sure!
    Lezlee

    ReplyDelete
  10. Even though I live in the country and there are barns all around me it is rare to find a barn sale. Our yard sale season is just starting up this coming weekend so I enjoyed all you shared. You now have me raring to get out there.

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow, i wouldn't want to miss out!
    that is some barn!
    I did the same thing for years, back home there is a lonely barn on a country road with a simple sign that states old barn antiques...little did I know that finally stopping in that it would hold treasures that blew me away.
    Now I will always stop when I see a barn sale sign.
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  12. Holy cow was that fabulous or what? I know you had a great time and wanted to buy everything! So much to see...lovely photos too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'd say you did great on your finds...I love those sheet music covers. Those handles are just beautiful and that barn is well "awesome". Wish we had things like that here...darn. Glad you had a wonderful time though. Can't wait to see your makes.
    smiles...Tammy
    Have a superb weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  14. OMGoodness, I could spent forever in that barn sale! Can't wait to see what you do with all your wonderful finds.

    Have a wonderful weekend,
    Gail

    ReplyDelete
  15. wow! so many gorgeous things!
    i would love to go there! you're so lucky!
    happy weekend,
    Rosa

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow. Looks like a great sale. Your sheet music with the roses on it is adorable. I'm going to a barn sale in May, but it is just open two days. I can't wait.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Looks like a super fun place. But I'm shocked, Betsy! When I saw that table full of jewelry and watches, I just knew you had wiped them out. ;)

    Thanks for linking to the party.

    Have a terrific weekend!
    Liz @ the Brambleberry Cottage
    http://thebrambleberrycottage.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  18. wow...look at all that great stuff. Had just about anything you could want.

    ReplyDelete
  19. what wonderful things....so are your garage sale finds below...season hasn't started here yet...I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  20. That Is a lot of great stuff. I would have thought I died and went to heaven!!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a wonderful barn sale...I only wish I didn't live on the other side of the country so I could be there with you! Loved looking at all the great vintage items through your "eyes"...
    Cheryl at My Sister's Cottage

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh my!

    I think I would pass out if I came across something like that!

    We don't have those around here.

    Perhaps it is my duty to start one?

    With all that great stuff still there, it is hard to imagine what had already left the night before! Wheeee!!!

    You scored some fine goodies!!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. a barn sale what a treat! Thank you for sharing pictures with us!

    ReplyDelete
  24. So much great stuff! Can't wait to see what you find next time :-)

    ReplyDelete
  25. I could spend all day there...so many pretties to see! Thanks so much for visiting and for your sweet comments!
    Blessings,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  26. oh my just the thought of a barn sale can make me feel all tingly inside!
    :)heidi

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hello my beautiful Miss Betsy!!!
    I'm sorry I haven't been a good follower lately but I've had so much personal stuff going on, good and bad both. So, I'm playing catch-up on your posts tonight, or should I say this morning since it's 12:45am? Anyway, I love that your sharing all these pics with us, I think I might have been too selfish with my shopping time to stop and take pictures. I think I might have to invite myself over for the next barn event, if you don't mind. I'll need someplace to stay though. I'm only 5'2" and I don't eat much, you won't even know I'm there. lol

    Missed you much,
    Irma

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting My Salvaged Treasures. Your comments inspire me.