Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Saturday's Flea Market Finds

The sun came out this weekend and warmed us up here in California.  Yippee!  I was hoping to get out to Alameda Point on Sunday for their monthly antique show, but prior plans got in the way.  Saturday was the monthly DeAnza College Flea Market in Cupertino, so I decided to give that a try.  This flea market used to be much bigger until they put up a parking lot.  (I'm going to have that song stuck in my head).   I can still find some good old stuff, but I don't see as many antique dealers these days.  It was worth the trip and gave me my weekly junkin' fix.

Love the shape of the clock on the left.  These were practically free because they don't work, so I think I'll be using them as picture frames.  The ledger has some writing in it, but most of the pages are blank.  I'll clean up the Tin Man's hat funnel and stick a plant in it.  I'm going to "felt" that yummy pink 100% wool blanket and then make something out of it one of these days.  Too many projects, so little time.

I got a great deal on all this brass flatware.  These are great for stamping because they're so soft.  I'll use some brass polish on the ones with spots and leave the others alone.

14" x 19" Atlas of American Agriculture from 1928.  Thirty four pages of colorful graphics, but boring reading unless you care about the diurnal  march of wind velocity in Dodge City, Kansas.

My key supply has been running low; these should last me awhile.

Jewels, jewels,

and more jewels.

Keys + jewels =  a good thing.

This guy is either picking his nose or his finger wasn't fast enough for the camera.

I like using old black and white pictures for price tags.

I love vintage postcards, especially the embossed ones. 
I couldn't resist that little blue bird pocket notebook.

I'm linking up my flea market finds with:
The Colorado Lady for Vintage Thingie Thursday,
Brambleberry Cottage for Time Travel Thursday,
A La Carte for Junkin Finds Friday,

25 comments:

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Wow you found some really awesome deals. I love the little clocks and the pink one is my fav! Thanks for linking up to JFF this week. hugs, Linda

Denise at PinkPostcard. said...

Awesome finds Betsy!
What do you mean..? I love reading about diurnal march of winds! LOL!!! That is hilarious!
Looks like you really found some good stuff- I have never seen brass flatware before!

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Love the bling - You got some treasures. The flea market here is not what it use to be . :(

Heather said...

Very nice finds! I wish that we had more flea markets/rummage sales around my neck of the woods.

poindextr said...

great finds. I would SO love to go with you one day. Might be a bit of a drive to get there (from TX). thanks for sharing, Diane

A Cottage Muse said...

Loving all your finds! The idea of using the old photos for price tags is a great one!

Have a wonderful day!

Pam said...

You found some great things. I love the flatware. I'm sure you will do great things with it.

LV said...

No doubt you had a very successful shopping outing.

Laurie said...

So many gorgeous finds! I especially love the old clocks and the bling!

Mindy said...

Love the jewels! I got some neat photos and cards this weekend too. :)

Piorra Maison said...

nice finds, cannot wait to hit the fleas come spring. still looking at 5 feet of snow on back balconies.

Cindy Adkins said...

Oh my gosh--I love all your gorgeous finds!!! I am your newest follower and came here from Time Travel Thursday--Nice to meet you!!
XO

Maureen said...

Now that was a good junking fix! Great finds!

Leslie said...

You've definitely given me a lot of ideas.. I love old keys.. and the clocks are great. How about making wind chimes out of those spoons?
Leslie
Your newest follower
Tranquil Acres of Alexandria

Jeanne said...

Again w/ the fabulous finds! Your killin me!
All good ones. So much fun.
xo jeanne.
http://beeskneesbungalow.blogspot.com/

AshTreeCottage said...

I love vintage clocks. I am your newest follower!!

Love,
Susan and Bentley
xxoo

Pam said...

Great finds. I love those clocks. I'd love to see what they look like as picture frames.

Cindy Adkins said...

Hi Betsy,
Thanks SO much for coming to visit my blog--you're such a doll! And I have to say "Be still my heart" at all your loveliness here!!
XO

Donnie said...

I love the plans you have for all these things. Just gorgeous finds.

Vintagesouthernlife said...

Great finds! Love the vintage jewelry pieces... singing "put up a parking lot" as I type.
Have a great week-end,
Annette

lvroftiques said...

You done good!! I want to reach my little paw right into the picture with all the blingy bling and pull that rosary right outta there *winks* Great finds! vanna

mo said...

Hi Betsy, I bet you are so fun to wander around with for treasures. You have the best eye and can make anything look wonderful. The utensils are fabulous! Thanks for the tip! *hugs*

A Few Pennies said...

Oh gosh--I love it all! The vintage silverware really tugs my heart. Thanks for sharing!

Brambleberry Cottage said...

Another wonderful bounty you scored there, Betsy! During the cold weather here, things like flea markets, yard sales, etc. just dry up. I'll be so glad when warmer days arrive. I've got major cabin fever. ;)

Thanks for joining the party. And if you haven't entered the giveaway, be sure to do so.

Hope you have a beautiful, sunny weekend!
Liz @ the Brambleberry Cottage
http://thebrambleberrycottage.blogspot.com/

Desirée-ScrapDees said...

why can't i find suchs great things when i am going to such a market? Those keys you've found are really lovely, i wish i had that, super!