Friday, January 14, 2011

Repurposed Necklaces

My list of outside things to do has been growing longer and longer.  I have so many projects lined up out in the garage, but it's been too cold to work out there for about a week now.  I know, I shouldn't be complaining about daytime highs in the 40's, but that's darn cold here in Central California.

The sun came out this afternoon and it reached a beautiful 61 degrees.  Wow, a heat wave.  Love it!  It was warm enough to take some pictures outside without having my fingers turn blue.  These are some necklaces I made the other day from my stash of jewels waiting to be repurposed.......

I think this rhinestone piece is half of a sweater guard pin; I used the other half in another necklace project.  The chain is from a rosary I found in an antique store a few weeks ago.



This purple rhinestone flower was a clip on earring.  The beads and chain were salvaged from other pieces of jewelry.

The tiny purple rhinestones show up a little better in this picture.

This was also a clip on earring.  The little rhinestone beads, pearls, and chain are from a few other vintage pieces.

I bought this cute old change purse at an antique show a few months ago; I just knew it had to become a necklace.  Bits and pieces of vintage chain, beads, charms, and buttons dress it up a little.  It needed something extra on the front, so I added a little brass filigree and part of an old earring.



I'm linking up my Repurposed Necklaces at:
A Little Lovely for Saturday Soiree and
Under the Table and Dreaming for Sunday Showcase Party


17 comments:

Grannys Attic said...

Glad you got a heat wave today, not here in NC still 30's. The necklaces are beautiful. I really love the one with the little purse. Have a great day, Vicky

Glenda/MidSouth said...

You have been busy and with great results! Very Pretty!
We are suppose to have a heat wave tomorrow of 45. I am ready for Spring.
Enjoy your weekend.
Glenda

SavannahGranny said...

My first comment didn't take. I am to quick to move on. Saw the word verification just as it slipping away.
Love what you did, especially the turquoise one. Go Girl. Hugs, Ginger

Margo said...

ooooooo! Love them, especially the purse!! A must have!! Love your art!

Margo

Mindy said...

I love everything you make. Truly.

Anonymous said...

I found your blog a few weeks ago and I am hooked. I love the work you do. You have the most creative mind. Love these pieces in this post. Have a great day
deezie

Heather said...

What beautiful necklaces! I think the last two are my favorite, but they all are special. That little change purse is just too cute!

mo said...

mo said... (I am still asleep this morning).

Hi Becky, They are all spectacular. I especially adore the pearl and crystal one (second to the end). I like the pearl/crystal beads on the chain. They match so well with the pendant. Very classy and timeless. *hugs*

julie miller said...

Your work is amazing, but that little coin purse necklace is absolutely adorable!! Love it!! Have a great weekend! Julie

Erin@likegrandmas said...

Trying not to be jealous of your heat wave... but you have mad skills, so I can't be too upset!!! I love your necklaces, super gorgeous!

Angela said...

Your work is just out of this world...I love them all...especially the aqua one.

Margo said...

Thank you for your kind comments! It was good to read them today! I'm anxious to see what treasures you've uncovered on your hunt today!!

Huggs, Margo

Susanne said...

What pretty pieces. I especially like the coin purse. I want to make one myself. I've gathered a couple but haven't taken that plunge yet.
Thanks for the inspiration,
Susanne.

Linda said...

Beautiful pieces! I live the aqua colors on the first one and the fun little coin purse! Thanks for stopping by and entering my giveaway~ good luck!

poindextr said...

these are precious!

Brambleberry Cottage said...

Oh, how I envy your temps in the 60s! Here in my little region of NC, the highs are in the thirties and the lows are in the teens. :(

Beautiful creations, Betsy, as always! I love seeing how you repurpose those bits and pieces.

Blessings,
Liz @ the Brambleberry Cottage
http://thebrambleberrycottage.blogspot.com/

Michelle L. said...

Woweee. Love love love LOVE change purse necklace! Did I mention I love it? All the rest so beautiful as always, but that one is da bomb.