Thursday, December 30, 2010

My Box of Christmas Jewels

Once upon a time, I used to leave all my decorations up until after the new year.  This year I had it all safely packed away just four days after Christmas.  I love decorating for the holidays, but I've really cut back over the last couple of years.  When Christmas is over it just doesn't feel the same.  After all the craziness of the season, I have this strong urge to get order back in my life and to get everything put back where it belongs. 

The whole family was here for Christmas Eve dinner and most of them spent the night.  Now that my nieces, nephews, and sons are older, it doesn't take hours and hours to open up gifts.  In the morning we enjoyed a leisurely breakfast while trying to get the kids young adults out of bed.  It wasn't that long ago they'd all be up at dawn sneaking a peak at what jolly ol' Santa brought. 

I was so curious as I started to open a box from my mom.  Oh yes, she knows me well.  All these little jewels had been carefully wrapped up in tissue paper.  Imagine my delight when I started opening each one. 

This pocket watch is missing the hour hand, so I'll just put something else inside.  Love that watch fob.

I'll repurpose that big pin after I add some stones.  I like the other two just the way they are.

Yummy rhinestone buttons.

More yummy rhinestones.

I felt like I was a child again digging through my stocking on Christmas morning.  Thank you Ma for being my personal picker when you're out there on your treasure hunts.  I promise to use each and every piece.


I'm linking up with:
Vintage Inspiration Friday


17 comments:

Carrie at In the Hammock Blog said...

all of these were in your stocking?? how fun!!! i love the bling!


http://inthehammockvintage.blogspot.com

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Wow! Love your treasures (your Mom is a great picker) - there are all kinds of possibilities! I am ready to take the tree down and put everything away, but will have a full house this weekend for a late celebration.
Have a healthy, prosperous, Happy New Year!
Glenda

time worn interiors said...

Wow! Your ma did good! I love getting something I can really use. Can't wait to see what you do with them!
Have a Happy New Year
Theresa
aka:tot

blue eyed dragonfly studio said...

I love the rhinestones, especially the blue one, beautiful.

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Your Mom did a great job finding you bling! I still wait until New Years Day to take down my tree. It just seems right to me and I have get togethers the week after the big day anyway.

Linda said...

Such wonderful jewelry bits, Betsy! How fun looking in that stocking!

Sherry @ No Minimalist Here said...

Hi Betsy, Your mom picked some wonderful little treasures for you. I am so glad you left me a comment so I was able to find your blog. I've gone through all your archives and I am now a follower! Your jewelry is amazing and boy are you creative!! I hope you have a wonderful 2011.
xo,
Sherry

Debra@Common Ground said...

Hi Betsy, you sure have my attention. What fun to find these there on Christmas morning!! Thanks for sharing them. just gorgeous! Thanks for linking up and have a Happy New Year!
hugs,
Debra

Susan said...

Hello Betsy,
Thanks for visiting my blog via Vintage Inspiration Friday. It's good to 'meet' you! I love your blog! What a clever re-purposer you are. I'm going to keep reading on...
Thanks, Susan

Jill said...

Lucky girl! I can't wait to see what you come up with!!

Lisa said...

Little presents are the best! You are a very lucky girl! Have fun with all your treasures. Happy New Year!!

Janean said...

i adore it when someone is a thoughtful gift-giver. it takes a lot time and effort to listen, then buy what someone else treasures.

merry Christmas and happy 2011!!!!!

Michelle L. said...

Lucky ducky, you are! What a sweet gift from someone who knows you are a magpie for shiny things.

Feathers and Flight said...

Your Jewelry is so Lovely! I just popped over from Debra's Vintage Inspiration Fridays. I am so Glad I Did!
I will come back to visit again to see what beautiful things you are coming up with!
Happy New Year!
Jill

CREATIVE MIND said...

You have such a lovely & cute blog..i love your smart ideas & nice stuff...
keep it up ...love these ...

{Bellamere Cottage} said...

Yummy..... Love allll of it. Anything sparkly suits my taste just fine!

Warm blessings,
Spencer

Brambleberry Cottage said...

Isn't it wonderful to have a mom who knows you so well, she could give you the PERFECT gift? She must have had a blast searching for all that treasure with you in mind. ;)

Blessings,
Liz @ the Brambleberry Cottage
http://thebrambleberrycottage.blogspot.com/