Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Transformations at the Pleasanton Antique Faire

I didn't get a chance at home to take pictures of some of my recent transformations, so I tried to get in a few shots before the shoppers showed up at the Pleasanton Antique Faire.  They recently changed the rules and no longer let the vendors sit on the sidewalks, so I had to figure out how to make room for my bod, a chair, and a place to keep all my supplies.  It worked, but was a bit crowded.   I really missed the shade of the big tree I used to sit under:(


I carried around this frame with the mystery lady inside for the longest time.  It was time for a makeover. I fixed the frame up a little, painted it white, and then turned it into a chalkboard. 

I had to do something with Ms. Mystery, so I stole borrowed this idea from October's Country Living.  I didn't want to destroy her, so I folded over the sticky part of a post-it note to attach the construction paper mask and bat.  She's all ready for her Halloween costume party.

A small chunk of the design on this frame was missing, so I built it back up, painted it, and added the chalkboard.

This old razor, complete with box and directions, makes an unusual picture holder.  I added this photo to the outside of where the razor would go, and then locked it in.  The shaving lotion brush also holds a picture.

I salvaged 4 of the drawers from a dresser I bought at the city wide sale last month.  The top of the dresser was coming off, so I pieced it all out.  I used Mod Podge to attach the vintage sheet music in each drawer and then put a hook on the back so it can be used as a shelf.  The bottle is a recent find.  I tied it up with some vintage lace, sewed on a rhinestone button, and added a few shells.

These little pumpkins say TRICK OR TREAT on the other side.  I sprayed them with a clear matte sealer after stamping them.

Since I was by myself, I didn't get a chance to get out for some visiting and shopping.  I always like to get out to see what goodies other vendors brought to sell.  Pleasanton also has some really fun shops, but I can check those out another time.


You can visit all the other talented and creative bloggers at:

The T-Shirt Diaries for Upcycled Awesome,
Brambleberry Cottage for Time Travel Thursday,
The Shabby Chic Cottage for Transformation Thursdays

12 comments:

  1. So many great creations! I esp. love the vintage razor and the cool drawer shelves. You're so inventive, Betsy, I love having access to your creative world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job on the booth. I love the Mystery lady and her mask!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoyed seeing your booth and treasures - Would love to have been there. Hope you did well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for your sweet comment on my blog
    I am so glad to have found yours = everything is so lovely, I just love your style.
    I am also your newest official follower!
    Hope you'll stop by again (and maybe even follow me, too? I'd be so honoured)

    Jenny
    www.simcoestreet.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful ideas!! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I want to come and shop-I see so many things I want!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your site! the key jewelry below is so neat!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. They're all wonderful, Betsy! I didn't realize you were into other creative endeavors besides jewelry. It looks like it was a fun show, and a successful one for you, I hope.

    Thanks for linking to my party. It's fun to see what you link up each week.

    Liz @ the Brambleberry Cottage
    http://thebrambleberrycottage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fun picture and frame redos! I'll have to borrow your stamped pumpkin idea, that's all the pumpkins I bought this year, 3 mini ones.
    Susanne.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Betsy,
    Wonderful ideas with the razor and brush as photo holders.

    Thanks for such a great place to visit.
    blessings

    barbara jean

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yay Betsy! Kudos on your fine work! I simply love the razor picture holder! It is simply perfect for a picture of one's father. (or grandfather) The chalkboards are wonderful. You, my dear, are a very hard worker bee. (Lucky for us) I see you are getting quite the following. I knew you would. You are so talented and unique. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting My Salvaged Treasures. Your comments inspire me.