Friday, October 29, 2010

My Reworked Jewelry

This week I've been reworking some of the vintage bits and pieces from a few of my recent treasure hunts.   I'm gearing up for some jewelry only, indoor shows over the next several weeks.  I'm REALLY looking forward to setting up without a flashlight, setting my alarm for a decent hour, and not checking the weather forecast every hour.......
The bases on these two bracelets are vintage inspired filigrees that I layered and bent into shape.  The jewels are old clip on earrings.

Antique brass buttons.

This picture really doesn't pick up all the pink in the pearls and pendant.

This silver and blue rhinestone flower used to be a brooch. 

My mom found this 2" locket at a yard sale.  We carry around a "wish list" for each other.


These little earrings started life as cuff links.

Little jewels from two different bracelets.

Bits and pieces from my trusty ol' watch parts box. 

These are some of the sewing inspired pieces I made for an upcoming two day show sponsored by the Sun City Needle Arts Club.  My mom has been doing this show for years and I've been tagging along to help her.  She's so sweet to let me put some jewelry out, but I had to promise not to be a table hog!  Wait until she sees what I'm bringing to keep under the table. 

I have Gertrude to thank for most of the little sewing pieces I used.  They came from the wonderful old box of drawers that I found at Tracy's City Wide Garage Sale in September.  After sorting through all her goodies, I decided her box was just too perfect to part with.  I filled each drawer and little compartment with rhinestones, buttons, beads, and little trinkets.


Join me and all the other talented and creative folks at:



Photobucket

                                                        
A Little Knick Knack

Catch As Catch Can

17 comments:

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Love the sewing inspired pieces. They are hard to find around here. I did not go junkin today - took the day off. :-D I did spend yesterday afternoon cleaning pieces, removing old earring backs,, etc., etc.
Enjoy your weekend.

Mindy said...

Betsy, all of your pieces make me salivate. I love reading your posts. I especially like your steampunk pieces and the sewing notion necklaces. Lovely, all of them.

Angela said...

I love your work!!

Irma@CosasBellas said...

Beautiful as always, Miss Betsy!
I can't believe those were once cuff links, they are so pretty. Jesenia was very impressed by your
watch piece earrings.

Have a wonderful time at your next show with your mamma, how fun for you!

Hug,
Irma

Michelle L. said...

Gorgeous, Betsy! I esp. love the steampunky earrings and the blue necklace! Is steampunky a word? Have a great time at the show.

Misae Richwoods said...

Betsy, those are delights! I particularly loved the wish list locket; the bracelet was so cute!

My friend in London, Liz, remakes pearls, especially necklaces and she's told me how hard it is to find sufficient volumes of quality vintage items to remake so I know just the making the item is only one part of the story in bringing these items to life. I hope the show is a great day for you; thanks for sharing your talents =)

Laurie said...

Oh, you are one talented lady -- just beautiful, beautiful pieces! I especially love the sewing notions ones -- and anything in silver tone. I wish I could go to that show -- I'm a bay area gal, now living in CO. I hope it's a good one!

Karie's Chic Creations said...

I love your jewelry! Very beautiful. How can I buy some? Love the sewing inspired piece. Thanks or sharing.

Courtney ~ French Country Cottage said...

Hi Betsy~ I just love your darling sewing inspired necklaces!! So cute! Your jewelry is just beautiful! I also noticed that you follow the Tattered House too- do you know those gals? Sandy is a friend of mine- met her several years ago when she came to buy some furniture from me and we hit it off instantly! So much fun to have some blog friends that are local! :)

kpaints said...

Fabulous job!! Love the button bracelet!
I had a fun visit!

very merry vintage style said...

You have such a gift... everything is so beautiful!

A Cottage Muse said...

Hi Betsy ~ your jewelry is just so wonderful! Your attention to detail is amazing!

Susanne said...

Your pieces are always amazing! And that sewing notions bracelet, you are so clever!
Susanne.

Ana said...

Hi Betsy,
I can't stop ooooing and ahhhing...Your jewelery creations are just beauitful! As I'm leaving my comment I keep going back to your post and drooling over your pieces...Thank goodness I'm nowhere near them, otherwise they'd be all wet...Hee, hee, hee. They are just lovely. I love, love, love the first two bracelets...Anyways, I just wanted to stop by to thank you for your visit and comment. Hope you come and visit again soon.

Hugs and Smiles,
♥Ana~A Petite Cottage

mo said...

Hey Betsy! Whats goin' on *wink* I love your custom vintage jewelry. You will surely have a terrific show. Especially for holiday shopping. Let me see...I love them all but...my favorites are...The silver and blue rhinetone necklace (I simply adore the bead hanging down) and the locket necklace...it is priceless! And finally the floral french wire earrings with the jewel hanging down. (the leaves make it perfect) I am glad I get to see your creative goodies. *hugs*

audrey said...

These are beautiful, I'm totally inspired!

Brambleberry Cottage said...

It amazes me how you see jewelry in everything! I've always been that way at repurposing to create home d├ęcor items. Now I'm having to rethink the way I've always thought to be able to create smaller pieces! lol

Blessings,
Liz @ the Brambleberry Cottage
http://thebrambleberrycottage.blogspot.com/