Tuesday, September 21, 2010

The Roseville Fall Antique Market

Once again, it was a wonderful day at The Roseville Antique Market.  The pesky intermittent morning showers didn't keep the dedicated shoppers and vendors away from this fabulous event.   My canopy and a few sheets of plastic kept us fairly dry until the sun popped out in the afternoon. 

Some of my jewelry creations.

I cut up some vintage sheet music and filled up this large glass jar. 
The top is missing, so I replaced it with a hand painted vintage bowl - a perfect fit.  The picture holder next to the jar was made from a tennis racket frame, sheet metal, jewelry scraps, and vintage buttons with
 magnets to hold the picture in place.

I glued bits and pieces of vintage jewelry along the top rim of the shells.

My table of silver, painted trays, and a bud vase made from
a stamp holder and laboratory tubes.


Booths were packed full of fabulous treasures.

 Miss Mannequin is so relieved that she's been adopted by a very happy shopper.

It was late in the day when I finally had a chance to make my way through The Tattered House. I love this place.....so much vintage goodness.  Sandy and Erika are the proprietors of this amazing little cottage/antique shop.  They are also the organizers of The Roseville Antique Market held in April and September.  Thank you both and your Tattered Team for all your hard work.  I took the following pictures of the beautiful treasures at The Tattered House.........
The back porch. I could sit and relax out here all day.

Ain't it the truth?

No, the picture isn't upside down....it's a shelf.

Beads, mirrors, doorknob, statue, books, oh my!

Love the skateboard, it looks like driftwood.

Thank you, we always feel welcome.


This week I'm linking up my vintage treasures with The Colorado Lady

18 comments:

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Would love to have been there. Sounds like it was a success.
Have a great week.

Irma@CosasBellas said...

Hello Miss Betsy!!!
I guess we're going to experience the change of weather now which is really nice unless you're selling that day.
I always enjoy all the great pics of your booth, you always have something new and interesting.
This time it was the beautiful shell with the BLING that really caught my eye, I'm always buying great BLINGY pieces to beautify things to sell but then I can't part with them. lol
Do you ever have that problem?

Hope you're enjoying September, Big Hug!

Wanda @ Just Vintage said...

Hey Betsy. Thanks for stopping by the blog for a visit! I'm thoroughly enjoying cruising through yours. Loving your projects. I want to be creative so badly, but can't seem to find the time. Gotta work on that.

Anna said...

That looks like a good time!

Crafty Housewife said...

Such lovely treasures! My favorites are the shells and the welcome pears you have!

Genie said...

Betsy...You are so creative...I am really impressed with your talents after this, my first visit to your blog. I will definitely be coming back. That bud vase is the coolest. You are just tooooo clever.

Hugs,
Genie @ Buttons for Baga
and
Climbing the Digital Mountain One Step at a Time

Coloradolady said...

wish I'd have been there! how fun!! Have a great VTT!

Maureen said...

I love your blinged out seashell!

Janet, said...

I just love visiting all your treasures! I love using things for what they are not supposed to be used for, too. Every time I see something, I say to myself, "What could I make with that?"

daylily (Queenmothermamaw) said...

Hi Betsy I loved that post. I love all those kinds of things but you can imagine after being married 50 years and 6 kids I have no place to put anything else. That is one of the reasons I love blogging, seeing all the goodies. Glad you didn't get rained out. Blessings
QMM

Pam said...

Wow, that show looks fantastic. Great booth. And you have a silver table, so I'm in heaven.

Jeanne said...

This is a fun post and a fabulous place to shop. I really enjoyed your photos with so many vintage treasures.
Hugs, Jeanne

mo said...

You are the Martha of Vintage Treasures Betsy! I am a designer...but you are off the charts with your talent! I hope you do not mind, but I will have to borrow your jeweled shell idea. I must create one...Thank you for your talent and sharing it with all of us "out here"...*hugs*

Coco loves vintage said...

What a fabulous day, LOVE LOVE LOVE your shell creations x

Maureen said...

Oh my! Your seashell is awesome!

Courtney ~ French Country Cottage said...

Hey there Betsy! The show looks amazing & The Tattered House is just gorgeous as usual!! I have got to get over there to peek around!! The lady carrying that mannequin is too funny!! I love all your treasures too- your display is so charming! Looks like a beautiful sale!! :)

Anonymous said...

Hi - I am certainly happy to discover this. great job!

Brambleberry Cottage said...

First, I would like to shop the show and follow up by combing the cottage. Can I come along next time, Betsy? ;)

Hugs,
Liz @ the Brambleberry Cottage
http://thebrambleberrycottage.blogspot.com/