Sunday, September 12, 2010

Recycled Finial Folks

I spent a few hours out in the garage this weekend pricing and repacking for my next antique show.  I started looking around for a container to hold these chippy, mossy, crackling old finials that I posted about a few weeks ago in Yard Sale and Antique Show Finds.

I bought a bucket full (10) of these old post finials.

I thought about turning a couple of them into picture holders.  I was going to curl up some wire and insert the other end into the top of the finial.  I kept staring at them, and then decided they needed to stare at me....

She looks absolutely terrified because he's leaning in to make his move.

It's amazing how the shape of the mouth determines the whole attitude. 
For her makeover I used:  parts of two rhinestone necklaces, a watch face,
4 buttons, 2 eye screws, bells from a charm bracelet, ball chain, rhinestone charm,
2 brass connectors, and some gold trim removed from an old frame.

I love the receding hairline and scars.
For his makeover I used:  two screws/washers, upholstery tacks, picture hanger,
U-tacks, the eye part of a hook&eye, felt, button, two mystery thingies, and steel wool for hair.

I never did find a container or finish pricing and packing; this was just too much fun.

I'm linking my Finial Folks up with the talented and creative bloggers at:
Between Naps on the Porch for Metamorphosis Monday,
The T-Shirt Diaries for Upcycled Awesome, and
The Shabby Chic Cottage for Transformation Thursdays


8 comments:

  1. OMGosh Betsy! Here I was expecting something very chic and sophisticated.lol You sure did throw me for a loop!
    These guys are SO CLASSIC! I Luv them!
    I can see why you got so distracted making them,
    I would have been right there with you laughing the whole while!
    So is there going to be an entire family of these little guys? You've got 8 more to go!

    Thanks for making me smile.

    Hug,hug,hug!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow these are cute! It would be super fun to do something "Halloweenie" and make a Mr. & Mrs. Frankenstein.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too funny! I'll be there with bells on! I was just working on some jewelry last night and came across some old metal twist latches and I thought they would make cute little bow ties.
    Susanne.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Betsy! Thanks for visiting my blog and becoming a follower. I LUV meeting new blog friends. This is such a fun ride! I'm happily following you back!

    Hey, your finials are so adorable! I can just imagine how much fun you had making them. And your repurposed jewelry is very pretty. Nice work! :) Have a wonderful day!

    xoxo laurie@heavens-walk

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! I am your newest follower. I love your blog. You are so creative and it is amazing how your imagination works. You are very talented. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness, these are too cute! Just sweet little treasures.

    I'm visiting for Transformation Thursday. I'd love to have you visit with me!

    Have a wonderful day,
    Stephanie ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hee, these are hilarious and adorable! Have just been perusing your creations again (haven't visited in a while) and loving everything so much. You make everything you find beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. HOW TO DOUBLE YOUR PROFITS at your next sale
    GARAGE SALES FLEA MARKETS YARD SALES
    http://erwin.1.gv.garagesaleprofits365.com

    GOOD LUCK!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting My Salvaged Treasures. Your comments inspire me.