Friday, September 10, 2010

New Life for Vintage Jewels

All the bits and pieces of old jewelry I've picked up over the last few weeks have been demanding some attention.  I managed to get several necklaces, earrings, and a couple of brooches together, but still have a huge stash waiting to be repurposed.....wouldn't it be nice to have 48 hours in every day?  I should probably stop bringing all these strays home until I can catch up with what I have.  Yeah, right. 
Here are a few of the pieces I made this week:

I liked the large spring ring, so I used it in the front as part of the design.  The green centerpiece is a vintage clip-on earring mounted on top of another salvaged part.

This brooch is made from an old black coat button, a flower pin, and a little glass and rhinestone ladybug.  I have two ladybugs and thought about making earrings, but they're just a little heavy for the ears.

I sewed 2 jump rings on the back of this bow tie and attached the adjustable chain. 
The center is a vintage rhinestone button.

This necklace was repurposed using parts of a vintage bracelet, necklace,
and earring.  I filled in the blanks with a new filigree and some silver beads.

The matching earrings are repurposed from vintage rosaries,
 necklace clasps, and soft pink beads.

This necklace is made from new and vintage beads.  I used two separate
vintage bracelet clasps for the bling on the pendant.

This week I'm linking up with all the talented and creative bloggers at:
Finding Fabulous for Frugalicious Friday,
A Little Lovely for Saturday Soiree, and
Under The Table & Dreaming for Sunday Showcase Party

13 comments:

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Love seeing your beautiful creations!
Enjoy your weekend.

The Answer Is Chocolate said...

These are so beautiful! They're all spectacular but I especially love the last piece. Outstanding!

Heather said...

Your pieces are beautiful, great work. The ladybug pin is adorable and the last two neclackes pictures are striking.

Suesan said...

Great pieces. I love the lady bug and flower. So cute.

mapleandmagnolia.com said...

Your work is absolutely stunning. The last necklace is just beautiful...is it for sale???

Kelly said...

Wow! You are so talent! Thanks for sharing!

Home and Heart said...

These are just scrumptious!!

cyber boy said...

______beauty______

Coco loves vintage said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE your jewellery designs! My kinda style :) I'm your newest follower, would love for you to drop by my blog & say hi :)

Mindy said...

Your pieces are exquisite! I am so happy you commented on my blog so I could see you and visit yours! Just became a new follower. I'm collecting vintage brooches right now to make a ribbon brooch necklace for my daughter for Christmas, but now that I see all your beautiful work, I'm inspired to keep collecting old jewelry to repurpose it into something new gorgeous like these!

Ormolulu said...

Such gorgeous jewelry--must take a lot of patience (which I don't have!).

Thanks for visiting my blog and your nice compliments!

Debi

Kaytee said...

Wow. So beautiful!

Brambleberry Cottage said...

Do you ever think about all the folks walking around wearing YOUR lovely creations? There must be hundreds! How cool is that? ;)

Blessings,
Liz @ the Brambleberry Cottage
http://thebrambleberrycottage.blogspot.com/