Friday, August 20, 2010

Chippy Molding + Rake + Rhinestones =

While organizing one of my garage cabinets, I discovered two long lost pieces of chippy white molding.  Oh joy!  It's just what my little rusty rake has been waiting for.  But, one more piece was needed to surround the hole that the rake will sit in.  I went to my trusted old lamp parts box and found a piece from a dismantled chandelier. 

rusty rake + chippy molding + lamp part = picture holder

I've used larger rakes and bases in the past, but I especially like this one because the rake is so small.

OK, I'm out of little rakes, but I had to do something with the other piece of molding so that it wouldn't get sent back to the cabinet never to be seen again.  I went digging through my rhinestone stash and found bits and pieces that would be perfect.....

chippy molding + rhinestones =  "keep out" sign
A vintage butterfly pin and chain from a broken necklace finish it off.


This week I'm linking up with
 Between Naps on the Porch for Metamorphosis Monday

10 comments:

The Answer Is Chocolate said...

Oh I love this! Well done.

My Sweet Rose. said...

What a joy to create such great things from those bits. We should all look at things 'outside the box'.
Love you blog,
Best wishes,
Angela.

Jill said...

I love that photo stand!!

Irma@CosasBellas said...

Hey Betsy!

I see those Creative Juices were flowing at full speed!

LUUUUV your designs!!!

Big Hug!

The Tattered Cottage said...

WOW!! I LOVE this! Very creative, I think I need one of those photo holders :)
Love your beautiful treasures!
Toni

Vintagesouthernlife said...

Love your little rake photo holder and your sign. You are so creative! I would have never thought of that. Annette

Amanda@The Hand Me Down House said...

Wow, Betsy! You really thought outside the box -- how creative!! I love how these turned out -- you did a great job! :)

Donna said...

Oh my gosh! Your rake turned photo holder is just the coolest thing! Who would've thought an old rake could look so good?! Amazing. I love your blog, I checked out some of your previous posts and you have some incredible ideas!

Pat said...

You have inspired me. I have several broken garden tools that I have been keeping for several years waiting for a creative way to repurpose them!

Brambleberry Cottage said...

You are quite the repurposing diva, Betsy! I could fill my cottage with your creations. ;)

Blessings,
Liz @ the Brambleberry Cottage
http://thebrambleberrycottage.blogspot.com/