Sunday, July 25, 2010

Goodies from the Rose Bowl Flea Market

It's been about 5 years since "The Home Girls" made it down to the Rose Bowl Flea Market in Pasadena, Ca.  We had to adopt that name when a sweet lady having an estate sale saw us pull up in our rented 12 passenger white van. Since the step down from the sliding side door was so far from the ground, we used a stool to help us get in and out.  Mrs. Estate Sale Lady witnessed this and took me aside and asked,  "Are they from the home?"  I politely held in my laughter until we were all safely back in our home van. 

The flea market was fun as always,  but most of my purchases were made at estate sales, garage sales and a few antique stores.  It was a little warm the day of the flea market and just too many clothing booths.  I did get a good haul of vintage jewelry for repurposing, some old keys, and an enormous bag of old silverware for stamping.  I'll have to get some pictures of those for another post.  My favorite booth of the day belonged to Irma Robles Haraughty of Cosas Bellas.  Irma's beautiful displays drew me right into her booth.....everything, especially her tiered silver display was a treat to the eye. 

I just love old silver and Irma had some beautiful pieces



A few jewels to repurpose from several different vendors

I thought these scissors were interesting but kind of scary looking.
The folding rulers and child's chair with a red metal
frame were camera shy.

Bingo!  I used to make earrings out of these. 

4 painted serving trays in really good condition,
silver bowls and an old rubber stamp holder.

This old pine chair is as solid as a rock, but the green mini
print seat has to go.  I was thinking of burlap? 

I bought about 2 dozen vintage Valentines and post cards.
All were 75% off.

This one is my favorite.

This is just a part of a yard long photo.  It's wound up really tight and I'm
afraid it might crack..... not sure how to display it.
Is there a way to safely flatten these, or should I leave that to a buyer?

1 comment:

Brambleberry Cottage said...

I love it all - especially the scissors! lol I collect vintage sewing items and would have grabbed them up in a heartbeat. I'd love to see a pair of your bingo ball earrings. I bet they're fun!


Hugs,
Liz @ the Brambleberry Cottage
http://thebrambleberrycottage.blogspot.com/